Petron Lakbay Alalay, the country’s longest running motorist roadside assistance program has evolved over the past three decades from a small group of Petron employees volunteering to spend their Holy Week break to provide emergency aid for car problems like overheating, flat tires, and thelike, into a comprehensive year-round program to ensure that with Petron, “the best ang biyahe.”
Very much in keeping with the Filipinos’ prayerful nature, Petron is encouraging everyone to say the Driver’s Prayer every time they get behind the wheel. To ensure that vehicles are roadworthy and properly maintained, participating Petron Car Care Centers and service stations offer free safety checks. If needed, you can then enjoy the convenience of having a preventive maintenance service using Petron’s range of world-class engine oils. Part of the public information materials for Petron Lakbay Alalay are safety reminders through banners like “Seatbelts save lives” and “Helmets on, headlights on” along the major thoroughfares.
The Petron Lakbay Alalay road safety component—tagged as the Best Biyahe Caravan—will now be going to seven schools, three communities, and 3 malls, in addition to the usual station activations during long holiday weekends. And, whether you’re going off on a road trip or spending staycation time at home, Petron has its Bisita Gasulista campaign to ensure the safety of your family by checking your Petron Gasul LPG tanks for leaks and other dangers.
To serve Holy Week motorists, there will be Petron Lakbay Alalay activations on Wednesday, March 28, from 7AM to 4PM, and on Thursday, March 29, from 4AM to 5PM at the following Petron service stations:
· North Luzon: PEC1 NLEX, Marilao Bulacan; Lakshore NLEX, Mexico, Pampanga; Parkville Km 42 Plaridel, Bulacan; and TPLEX Km 134 Northbound, Pura, Tarlac.
· South Luzon: PEC 3 SLEX, San Pedro, Laguna; PNCC Km 44 SLEX, Silangan, Cavite; and Star Tollways, Malvar, Batangas.
· Visayas: West Diversion Road, Mandurriao, Iloilo City; Cebu North Road, Tabok, Mandaue City, Cebu; and Law-An, Talisay, Cebu.
· Mindanao: National Highway, Bo. Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental; Bgy. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental; Diversion Road, Buhangin, Davao City; and National Highway, Ulas, Davao City, Davao del Sur.
On Saturday, March 31, from 7AM to 4PM, and on Sunday, April 1, from 10AM to 8PM, the Petron Lakbay Alalay teams will be at:
· North Luzon: PEC 2 NLEX, Bocaue, Bulacan and TPLEX Km 134 Southbound, Pura, Tarlac.
· South Luzon: Star Toll, Lipa City, Batangas and MATES, SLEX Km 44, Silangan, Cavite.
Since it was first launched during the Holy Week of 1986, Petron Lakbay Alalay continues to be driven by the Lakbayanihan spirit of Petron employee-volunteers. This passion to serve has been nurtured for more than 30 years, continuing to promote safety through empowerment. This tradition of volunteerism is being passed on to the next generation of Petron’s rising stars, who will continue to find ways to give Filipino motorists the best ang biyahe experience with Petron.
Monch "Monchster" Henares is a writer at the Philippine Daily Inquirer's Road Talk, blogger @ Monchster Chronicles, tech and motoring specialist, inventor, and automotive engineer. He managed the motorpool for a limousine company in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. He is now based in Manila, Philippines.
You may e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org
To follow him on Facebook
Youtube Monchster NRS